The past few days have been extraordinarily lovely. Here is why:
1. Had a fantastic, productive work day in Boston at headquarters on Friday. Received some work-related news that lit up my world with such joy that I cried. In a meeting. In front of co-workers. No big.
2. Visited my favorite lunch spot South End Formaggio for the first time in a long time. Ordered a Goat cheese, arugula, fig jam sammy on a sesame seed baguette and too many sweets for one day. Worth it.
3. Prep-cooked for Saturday's brunch before going to bed. Felt like a domestic/organizational goddess.
4. LAYDEEZ COFFEEZ! I hosted at my house and served blueberry muffins, avocado and banana smoothies and a new to me recipe - a breakfast casserole with onions, leeks, bacon, eggs and Gruyere cheese from Bubby's Brunch Cook Book which turned out to be delicious! Hostessing success!
5. Went to Throwback Brewery to pick up my CSA growler fill. (Yes, I have a beer CSA share - is that not the coolest thing ever?) It's always a pleasure to see the Throwback ladies.
6. Went to Salvation Army and had the thrift score of the century! Well...maybe not the century, but this year at least.
A set of pimp, vintage, stackable ottomans -
and a vintage maxi dress that FITS my bodacious bod. (Which I will probably hack into a mini - the jury is still out)
7. Hung out with my friend Joe, whom I've barely seen since we did Rocky together last summer.
8. Walked around Portsmouth and observed the St. Patrick's Day craziness beginning to stir long before the sun went down.
9. Dinner at Lexie's Joint with CJ, which turned into dinner with CJ, Kelsey and Criostóir - who had just sat down at Lexie's themselves.
10. Played Trivia Pursuit with above aforementioned peeps and Rhiannon. Quietest St. Patrick's Day ever - which after years of slinging band merch throughout the entire month of March and witnessing terrible drunkenness and cultural faux pas happening right and left was SO WELCOME.
11. Bought Preserve It! with a gift certificate. Free book for the win.
12. Had coffee and delicious German pastries, whose name I cannot pronounce at KAFFEEHAUS with my mom!
13. Mom and I proceeded to walk around Portsmouth, in the gorgeous 70+ degree weather, and we stumbled into Le Roux Kitchen which has been around for years, yet somehow I managed to ignore it. It's the most bomb-dig kitchen store EVER. So pumped.
14. Came home - at delicious all beef hot dogs from the Farmer's Market and home canned dilly beans for dinner.
15. Went for a glorious run.
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVING these days.
Oh and the forecast for the next five days? 60's and 70's ALL WEEK. YES!