The past few days have been filled with bits of wonderful - so I thought I would gather those bits together in one post.
1. Friday night I went to a movie by myself at The Music Hall. I saw For the Love of Beer which focuses on women who work in the craft beer industry, particularly in the Northwest. The film was absolutely delightful - and afterwards I drank some delicious Amber's Amber, which the ladies of Throwback Brewery had brewed for the occasion.
2. After that, I met up with (mildly buzzed) friends at Sake, my favorite local sushi spot. They had just come from a "terrrrrrrible" comedy show, and proceeded to order an entire boat of sushi and two bottles of sake to erase the experience. I might've accidently whispered aloud "suuuushi" while delightedly popping a piece of Spicy Scallop Make in my mouth, much to my friends' amusement.
3. Post-sushi, it was decided to go back to CJ's house to watch Hugo in 3-D. I had never seen anything in 3-D before. It took all of 40 minutes for all of us to fall asleep. When CJ made the executive decision to break up the party, I looked at my cell phone and realized that it was only 11:45pm. We all had a huge laugh about how old and lame we are getting.
4. Saturday, I had breakfast with Carly, who is a new friend that was in the cast of the Vagina Monologues.
5. (Which, by the way, raised $18,000 this year for the VDAY cause)
6. Laydeez Coffeez followed, and oh do I love that group of women! (And toasted almond coffee, yum yum yum)
7. Saturday evening, I spontaneously decided to join Allison to see Burn This, starring two dear friends Chrissie and Andy. (Chrissie directed the production of Midsummer that I recently choreographed/performed in and her boyfriend, Andy, played Bottom). The show was fantastic, and I even ran into my ex's boss from Portland days, Peter, who I JUST LOVE.
8. Sunday I listened to Brunch by the River and cleaned all morning/early afternoon.
9. I went to Adelle's to use up my free coffee card as a reward for my domestic productiveness and ran into Abbie from Theodesign - and we ended up chit-chatting for an hour and a half. LOVE bumping into blog friends - especially favorite favorites such as Ms. Abbie.
10. Last night had dinner with two friends, Deb and Allie, in Somerville that I had not seen in just over two months. They are fierce ladies - and boy when we get together do we have some INTENSE conversations.
What did you do this past weekend? Anything exciting?